Friday, March 6, 2015

 The Fitbit app allows you to keep track of everything on your phone and emails you weekly updates to let you know how many steps, exercises, food you ate, calories burnt, hours you slept, mile you walked, ect..

Fitbit surge will run you about 250$ from your local retailor. Pretty pricey!

Can use the fitbit through your computer or Iphone to track fitness.


So I purchased the Fitbit surge a few weeks ago to start using. Its pretty fun to see how many steps you take , hear rate, hours slept, and so on. When you set it up, you need to go through a lap top or home computer to set up an account and link your email address. Then you can set it to your iphone by downloading the app and then using wifi you can search for your fitbit and it will connect automatically. It will work with iphone 5s and newer. Unfortunately I haven't been able to access all the fun stuff with my phone because weeks ago I had to downgrade to iphone 4 because mine smashed. The fitbit still tracks everything and emails me averages weekly, but I have to sync it every morning through the computer.  The Fitbit has the ability to show you who is calling, texts received, and will allow you to set alarms to wake you by vibrating on your wrist to wake you. 

When I get a newer iphone I will update you on how it works with the phone.
I love this fitbit. It really encouraged me to take more steps, watch what I put in my mouth, try and get more sleep ( on average I sleep 5 hours  and wake between 11-16 times a night) very interesting to see what you do during your sleep with this watch. I also like to look down and see how many steps I take at work. Its amazing because there have been nights that I put a total of 15,000 steps just at work!!! 

The downfalls are; unstylish and bulky. The first week I couldn't stand looking at my wrist the watch is so big its hard to wear. It put a lot of pressure on my wrist because the back of the watch has a small area that is tracking everything and it digs into the skin. Being an RN I was looking forward to using the watch to count pulse, heart rate, ect.., but there is no way to access a second hand . To set the second tracker is too time consuming, so it forced my to bring in my trusty second watch to use at work. This watch was definitely not designed with women or nurses in mind. After the first week I just got use to wearing the watch and I don't mind it so much now, but I still wish it was smaller for women.

In all I really love this fitbit but hate the price. I will update more on the fitbit once i get a newer phone. I am interested to see how the watch works with the phone texts, calls, and emails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment